Wednesday, 10 September 2008

Music Update

Well, musically things have been going well. I had a lesson last month with Robert and we've now started chosing the music for my audition in November. I've got lots of Handel to learn which is great. Handel is very good for the soul! I'm learing "Se Bramate" from Xerxes and 3 Arias from Theodora.

Also, not sure if I mentioned that I did a little concert with Baildon St John's church choir in June, Well I got an email to say they're going on tour for 4 days to Germany next July and they've invited me along so i'm most pleased to have some bookings in the old diary already. I've also discussed the possibility of doing a recital at the Church as part of their Saturday morning recital series some time next year, (Or this year if they have a spot free) so finally I have some decent performance prospects in the cooking pot. I have tonnes of recital material that i've been waiting to platform so I'll keep you posted on possible dates.

Preston Opera auditions for next years opera are in October so I'll be going for a lead role again. The next opera will be Samson & Delilah. Delilah is of course a mezzo role and would be great on my CV to show the college and will be a nice big project to fill up the first half of next year. Fingers crossed though hey! I think i'd make a great Delilah :0)

No comments: