Today we went in to Manchester with Alex, to see the Body Worlds Exhibition and it was really amazing. I had to keep reminding myself that we were looking at the actual bodies of people who had donated their bodies to medical science and that what I was looking at was real. It was awesome to see what really lies beneath our skin and to see the muscles and bones and nerves and tendons and organs displayed so beautifully or rather, preserved so beautifully because we were only seeing what is inside each one of us. It of course reminds you of your own mortality to stare death in the face like that, with all the parts of the body stripped down. We are so complex and there are so many things that could go wrong, break, snap and some parts look so utterly fragile but of course it's the sum of all the parts which makes us the amazing machines we are. It ultimately made me feel alive and made me see and appreciate the miracle that the human body is.
After the exhibition me, Andy & Alex met up with Joe and Miriam and two of Joes friends, who'd also been round the exhibition and we all decided to go for something to eat. Joe recommended somewhere where he'd had some good cheese before... I was confused but followed on and we ended up in a really nice place near the canals called Dukes 92. Apparently me and Andy went there on one of our first dates but I can't remember it at all. A classic case of what Andy calls Vu Ja De, the opposite of De javu in that it was somewhere I know i've been but I couldn't remember it at all. I told them it must have been because I was so in to Andy in those heady early days that it didn't matter where we were I could only see him but to be truthful I'm just forgetful.
I soon realised why Joe called it the cheese place. He ordered a cheese platter and got what I can only describe as half a loaf of bread and 2 whole supermarket sizes blocks of cheese! Wow, I've never seen so much cheese on a single portion. We got in to a cheese based discussion and I hit upon a new theory... Does it work that the smaller the animal that milk for the cheese is taken from the stronger the cheese? I mean, buffallo milk makes mozzarella which is very mild, cows milk makes quite a few of the milder cheeses through to cheeses like cheddar and then there's goats cheese which is pretty strong and apparently sheeps cheese is also pretty strong (though I refuse to taste sheeps cheese because it just seems WRONG!). It's a theory i'll have to explore some more hehehe. Crazy thoughts like this always come about when I'm around Joe for some reason. I guess we share a silly sense of humour.
Anyway, another Easter Holiday is almost over. Tomorrow we're going back to work. It's always so hard to go back to the daily grind after a relaxing break but as adults we have to. I hate being responsible, I'm still a 28 year old child really.
Monday, 24 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment